Orbiting Christ: Belonging, Believing, Behaving
The online conference on adult faith formation, Orbiting Christ: Belonging, Believing, Behaving, is one week away. We are encouraged to have registrants from coast to coast and even folks from Alaska and Hawaii. Our Zoom license allows for 100 people to attend, so we will continue to accept registrations until we reach 100 or until Tuesday morning, June 1, whichever comes first.
The conference is designed
- To foster a vision of missional identity through practical ways of building a process of adult formation centered in Christ.
- To reflect on the Christological nature of Church’s emblems—community, liturgy, preaching, teaching, witness, and service—as key to the missional nature of congregations by
- Envisioning community and worship as vehicles that create a sense of belonging rooted in Christ for those on the path to discipleship;
- Exploring the overlap between and distinctiveness of preaching and teaching; and recognizing the role of both in the Holy Spirit’s work in creating believing hearts;
- Examining anew witness and service in the world as transformative ways of behaving that can draw those outside the Church into Christ’s orbit.
- To inspire pastors and lay leaders to such a winsome and Gospel-centered, missional approach to ministry.
- To remind participants from the “Treasures Old and New” Conference: that we are not peddling a “program for new members” but offering visions of a robust adult catechumenal process that leads to congregational transformation.
Please share this information with friends and ministry colleagues.